Thursday, December 30, 2021

Last load

 With just Mark and I moving our meager belongings and our car being so small, it has taken more "loads" than we thought that it would to get us out of the cabin. The truck has been more than helpful to, to say the least. Today we have one more small load, mainly cleaning supplies and the last of Marks clothes. There are a few totes in the storage shed of the parks. After that all of our things will be in our new home. 😊  

Right now everything has gotten just stuffed into a cabinet to get the totes unpacked. So it will take me a loooooong time to find and organize everything. I do enjoy organizing so it will be fun and especially in our new home. Most of the kitchen items that Carol left are things that I will never ever use or they were in really bad shape to use. I don't think she used much of anything. There wasn't even a pancake turner here. I'm so happy that God gave us some thing to salvage from the fire and that generous friends and family sent us funds to purchase some of what we will need.

Our new home has a large extra room and it has a queen size bed in it. Mark will love that when he has a bad night with his RLS. Loveseats aren't much for sleeping on he will fit on much better. Today one of my goals is to get the boxes on the bed emptied and the bed cleared.  This room has turned into the drop spot since we now have the living area clear of totes and set up to a functional space. 

One more cup of coffee and I think I'll start on my to do list. Up early so I have more morning to get things done and can relax early tonight. Saturday I'll do a bit of cleaning of the cabin and call it good enough. The park has a couple that do the cleaning, so I just need to do the job of cleaning my mess.

1 comment:

  1. So happy you're finally getting moved. It'll take time to get settled but at least you're there!!

    ReplyDelete