Saturday, January 1, 2022

Good riddance 2021

Rain for the last two days and this morning we finally see some sunshine. I hope it dries up and warms up a bit. It's only 47º and if I read right it got down to 39. Too cold for me. But I am very happy to see the sunshine this morning.

Last night we were so exhausted that we never did get to kick 2021 to the gutter. But it did leave just the same. Today we are not going to work too hard. I've got a pile of ironing that I need to get done and Mark is going to hang the curtain rod up in the bedroom. I'll be happy to get the black out curtains up in there. Bright light in the morning is not very welcome, I don't like to get up too early. At least here, when I get out of bed I don't run into a wall. This bedroom is much better than the cabin, we can actually walk around the bed on both sides.

Yesterday afternoon we went to look for a toilet, the one here is not very nice anymore. We couldn’t find one to fit the small area so may have to order one and pay more. Then we went to Bed Bath and Beyond and found out that they are closing. We love that store so it really made us sad. We purchased some things that I needed with some of our donation money. Everything in the store was 20% off too. Then to WM to get some bath towels, hand towels and wash clothes. Carol only left 3 towels, one hand towel and one wash cloth. And they were so stained and scratchy. We should have enough to get us by for now.  We needed LED light bulbs for here to replace the old fluorescent ones. 
 
Yesterday, Maria, a lady from a charitable church organization, picked up all the stuff I don't want or need. She left with a pick up load, box, back seat and front seat. Needless to say she was very happy. And we are happy that someone can use the things that I don't need. Yes, we lost everything in the fire, but, we did manage to salvage a few, very few, items and we had to purchase some things since the cabin we were in for over two months had very very little.

 It's now a new year and prayers for a good one. So far it's starting out very nicely.
 God is Good.


No comments:

Post a Comment