Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Thankful but stressful

 Just 22 days until we move into our new home. And I can honestly say it has been a long stressful time living in this tiny place. Grateful for the roof over our heads but so sick and tired of not having any room to move or room for our meager belongings that were either donated or we managed to salvage from the fire.

Every turn we make something either gets knocked over or we end up with a bruise. I am not a short person but I can not reach into some of the cabinets without a step stool or over stretch my arms leaving them in pain. There is a horrible sewer gas smell in the bathroom anytime water is run. I think the drains need a good cleaning after all the times the sewer backed up on us the first month here. With my sense of smell it's nauseating.  I pity the person renting this place on the first of January.

In spite of the lack of room I am baking some simple cookies for Christmas. That is taking up the very small amount of counter space we have.  There is very little cabinet space to put much of anything so too much ends up on the counters. The small kitchen space I've lived with in other places, but lack our cabinets is not something I can handle. Now if we didn't eat or if I didn't cook, we could use the one cabinet that has food in it to store other things that are stacked on the counters. But it's too costly to eat out every night and that gets old in a hurry. And I prefer my own cooking. I don't like food out of a box or a can unless there is no other option or if it's a time crunch thing. Too much fat and salt for anyones health.

This wasn't meant to be such a negative entry, but I am missing so many things and ways. It's hard to be positive all the time. Sometimes I just have to let it all out! We lost everything including our beloved Miss Lola. It's really hard to stay happy all the time after all that.


No comments:

Post a Comment