Monday, December 13, 2021

Official

 We now officially own our home, but we still aren't moving in until the agreed upon date. Insurance on the new home is pending due to the fire loss of our previous home. The fire report will show that it was not our fault. Today we should hear something.

As each day goes by and we get closer to our move in day or anxiousness grows. Having a place we can call home again is great, but not having our personal items around us will take some time to adjust to or get over. So many times my mind goes back to something I lost in the fire and the tears and anger flow. Not a day goes by that this doesn't happen. I know Mark feels the same way, he lost just as much of his personal belongings as well.  And he is doing his darnedest to hide his feelings and to help me muddle through and smile. I form strong attachments to things. That is so not good. We are lucky to have each other and a roof over our heads.

Christmas this year is a bust as far as our usual traditions. I've done my best to make a few special treats that are easy to make when living in a closet. But the amount of counter and cabinet space limits that as well. For people that don't have much of anything anymore, we sure filled this place.  That is easy for anyone to do here. 

The weather has really gotten cold for us and we have no winter coats or jackets. Yesterday we looked around and found only one store with jackets. But they were all Carhardt and nothing I would want to wear to church. Plus the price was way out of our affordability.  We gave up after 3 stores had nothing and hardly anyone was wearing a mask. Back to online shopping. It's safer and more to choose from. Thankfully Lincoln found earmuffs that I like and gave them to me for Christmas. Now I won't get cold ears or earaches in the cold. I hate wearing hats, I had to do enough of that in MN winters. So we still need to find warm coats and gloves.  Oh and warmer shoes and socks. Sandals in the winter isn't a very good idea, not even in Yuma. 

What would you do if you lost everything but the clothes you have on now? Trust me, you have no idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment