Tuesday, December 21, 2021

WINTER

 Today it has a real feel of the first day of winter in the air. The wind is blowing, no sunshine for warmth  and it is going to be a slow go to reach the predicted high of 71º. And from the sounds of it the rest of the week will pretty much be the same.

Yesterday we met with the previous owners of our new home for a celebratory cocktail and visit. Brian is going to great lengths to make sure we will be happy in our new home. He is showing us all the paper work on every appliance, and showing us how the things work. We had a very enjoyable visit. 

Today I ordered room darkening curtains for the bedroom window that faces east. We like darkness, or I should say I much need darkness for sleeping. The bedspread that they are leaving is  washed out maroon so I ordered a bright new spread as well. Actually I have not sent the order off but am waiting until it's closer to our move in date. We just have NO room here for much of anything. As we begin packing up our few belongings it will be dangerous to even walk in here. And that is putting it mildly.

Yesterday they began tearing down our burned up home. Mark checks on the progress each day, but I choose not to watch my home being further destroyed. We are anxious for the whole ordeal to be done with.





No comments:

Post a Comment