Thursday, December 2, 2021

One step closer

 Today we paid for our new home. Brian, Mark and I went to the bank this morning to do a wire transfer to Brians bank in Canada. He had all his paperwork from his home bank all ready to go which helped for a smooth transfer. The lady at the bank who helped us is the same person that helped us set up our banking account and the loan for our SmartCar 4 years ago. So she knew us well and knew that we were full time Yumans too. In 3 to 4 days Brian should hear back from his bank that the money is in his account. Our next step will then be to transfer the title, get insurance on our home, on the the 29th of December, move into our  home. As much as I don't want to wish my life away I hope the next 26 days go by smoothly and quickly. After all we have been through it's hard to be optimistic about anything. But by the grace of God all will go well. That's what we are praying for.

Since I have no Christmas baking to do or at least no room to bake, I am trying my hand at some simple crocheting to keep me busy. Mark has been cleaning the guns and getting them back into working order. He just recently found my gun in a big glob of melted plastic. How he got it out of the glob is beyond me, but he did.  And is working on that. His guns are in good/safe working condition once again. The gun cases have a strong stench of smoke so they are not allowed in the house. hehe I've inhaled enough of that stench to last me a lifetime. I can't even stand the smell of a campfire anymore.😛

Our son would like to come and help us move, but we have so very little to move from here to the new place. It will take just one to two hours to move what little we have and a friend from the park will help us with that. The heaviest item is my power lift chair that Mark got for me. It would be great to see Lincoln but would love to have him see our new place and us when we can just sit and enjoy our time together. This move will be very emotional for Mark and I and we may not be the best company, even though we are super excited to move from to our new home.

The manager from the office gave me two Christmas stockings today. So we have a couple items of Christmas decorations plus our little 16 inch $Tree white Christmas tree. Big difference from previous years.



No comments:

Post a Comment