Saturday, January 25, 2020

Porch and curtains


The broom closet is set in it’s place on the back porch and the vacuum, mops and ironing board are in there. He still is going to paint that door. We have totes for things on the porch, stuff that is really no value but we do use it from time to time so we need to keep it. The porch turned out very nice and built strong too. It should last longer than we do. Down the road Mark plans on putting a door and lock on the porch. But first he wants to paint the house.

Thursday the curtains arrived and I got them ironed and hung. I love the color but at first I wasn’t so sure about the length of the valances. But it’s starting to grow on me. I think once they are on good curtain rods and not the junk that was here, it all will look much better. Right now it looks like a curtain in the theater, all one piece. Mark will help put up the new curtain rods and rehang the accent lights too. My arms can only be up for so long and then they hurt and have less strength. So I’m grateful for the help. 


The days have been getting warmer with a high of 74º yesterday and 76º for today. “The nights are still cool in the mid 40’s to 50º. Such is winter in the desert. Just a little over two months and the snowbirds will be leaving and the heat will roll into the desert. Mark hopes to get the house painted before that time.

I got into contact with a gentleman that has a male canary and wants a female. He lives in Phoenix and is willing to trade. As soon as he is sure the bird is a singing male, he will contact me again and we will commence with the trade.  The canary he has is a Spanish Timbrado and is a strong singer and a pretty bird. He hand tames his birds so I’m hoping that the new bird won’t think it’s an eagle and be a big meanie like CarlAnn. But then CarlAnn is partial to men. hehehe She likes Mark better than me, but then he isn’t the one that catches her to clean the cage either. But I am the one that feeds her. The phrase “never bite the hands that feed you”, has no meaning to her. She is a very pretty bird though.

No comments:

Post a Comment