Saturday, January 11, 2020

New stove

No more burnt foods. We got a new stove at Lowes today. I just can not cook properly with only one large burner. Our old stove has 3 small and only one large burner. I always need two large. I have never ever seen such a thing before. So when I have to use a small one to accommodate a large pan only half the food cooks and I have to keep rotating the pan and the food which results in some or all of the food getting too done or partially burned. Or the other burner getting neglected. Today was the last straw. So off we went to Lowes. As I’ve said before, Mark loves to shop for kitchen stuff so he was in his glory. I used some more of my money from mom. She must have known I would need it here. I now have all new kitchen appliances. The microwave that was in here died two days after we were here. I hope I live long enough to get good use out of all of them. 

What I first found was a white one, smooth top and I liked it until I tried to open the bottom drawer. I don’t grip so well anymore so I couldn’t open it and the drawer was empty. Mark walked down further from where I was looking and found one that had an actual handle on the bottom drawer. I was almost like the one we got for the apartment, but this one is stainless and it can either be a convection or a conventional oven. I was sold. It was $100 more but more to what I wanted and needed. I got so excited that I don’t even remember what brand it was. hehehe It was $300 off, free delivery and only $30 to take my old stove. Looking at the receipt I think it’s a Frigidaire like my new fridge. Can you believe this, they will deliver on Sunday!!! So I will have it tomorrow!!!!! I hope we don't have to miss church. They will call tonight with a window of time for delivery and then again tomorrow with a two hour window. Yes, I am so excited. No more burnt eggs or anything else!!!  😍


From Lowes we went to the $ Tree for some solar lights that Mark wanted. Of course we left with way more than that. hehehe Now we were hungry so we stopped at McDonalds for a late lunch. We got the best looking burgers, hot and tasty, that we have ever had. I asked for the manager and all the help turned with fear in their eyes. I told the manager how great our food was, how pleased we were and to pass it on to everyone. That brought smiles to all the faces in the whole place. I love to give compliments when they are due. There are so many negatives in our world now that it's nice to hear of some good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment