Friday, January 31, 2020

Marks Happenings


So what is happening down here in Yuma Az.

Well weather wise we have started the climb back up out of the coolness of winter as our day time temps are now in the mid to high 70s during the day and now only down to the mid 50s vs the mid to low 40s at night. (This also means we are soon to loose our cold water....LOL)

I have switched back to wearing shorts in the afternoons which is a common dress code in Yuma meaning spring is coming. The farmers are all busy in the fields with roughly half the produce crop season over with. And as you drive by the mountainous stacks of cardboard at the cooling facilities you see they are at about half mast and the parking lots full of trucks full time now loading and hauling out in all points north, east and west of Yuma. They have had an excellent season with very few disruptions.

I have almost completed the re-work on our rear deck with mainly trim and painting projects left to accomplish. Then we will move into phase two which entails painting the house and trim. It will be painted the same colors as the deck, satin white and dark high speed gray. (I put the names in here so I can look them up when I forget them). We have it almost filled up as I built in some shelving, a roof and side walls to enclose it. So we now use it for storage of items we had stashed throughout the house. Something we were not able to do until the rework. I also put in an enclosed broom closet for Cindy’s ironing board, vacuum, and mops. Needless to say she is very happy to have these items out of the AZ room. 😍

We have run into a bit of a snag with the previous owners of the park model. Seems they did not pay the last half of the property tax in 2018 (we did not move in till the 1st of April 2019) and after contacting them and their assuring us they would take care of it, they no longer will answer our calls or calls from the assessors office so the liability has been transferred to us.😡

I guess lesson learned as I trusted them when the previous owner told me he was a contractor and had built the Arizona Room addition, deck, hard wood floors etc. All had been done but more to a, do it yourself standard, than to an actual building code. But slowly we are correcting that. And as it turns out our issues are, quite frankly, less than some of the other people that had him do work. So I guess we really need to look at it as us being lucky.

Ok so enough for today, I believe I am going to go out and throw some lead down range as I replaced the scope on one of my guns with one I forgot I had in storage and so now need to sight it in.

It is Always an Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment