Thursday, January 9, 2020

Back deck/porch

The refrigerator is really nice. Forgot what a full size unit looks like after all this time with the rv style ones we have gotten use to.

The rear deck is coming along what I consider nicely. As Cindy mentioned cutting the 4x4's was just to much for my little 4" skill saw and so I first upgraded to the cheapest 7 1/4 I could find. Got it home and it broke before I got to cut a single board. So I now have a low end priced 7 1/4" Skill Saw that was on after Christmas sale that actually is as nice as the Bosch I had before we hit the road.

Well the 5 main postes are in but for the two tieing the deck fence to the house. I have to finish setting up rafters and the beams connecting the deck to the house are also supports for the joist needed. Sounds a lot more complicated that it is but as I am working on replacing previous struction it takes extra time and planning to perform the task.

1 comment:

  1. If you notice the target in the back round of the second picture, that is my shot group from 125yards down range. Not bad if I do say so myself as it was a very windy day.

    ReplyDelete