Saturday, July 4, 2020

Bike is running great

What a great day……. 160 mile ride on the motorcycle into California where I met another Yuma resident out for a ride at an intersection. He and I both took a short break and he told me he had been riding from Yuma as well and said he to was just out enjoying the morning.
Then after lunch Cindy and I took an hour long dip into the pool to round out the day. The water was perfect and a nice breeze came up making the temp today 104 deg. more tolerable.
I timed leaving this morning just right as heading into Cali the traffic was low to sparse and coming back just before noon all the traffic which was substantial was headed into Cali while the traffic I was not dealing with going to Yuma was again sparse.
I did get a chance to run across a 1956 Chevy Nomad cruising I8 on the way back. It had a turquoise and white pant job and was in very nice shape, With some deep chrome wheels and some nice wide treads. I gave them a thumbs up as I passed and they did the same to me.
Kicker was I had to bucker the motorcycle up to 85 to get around them. So the Chevy had to be going at least 70 to 75 mph and it sounded like it was running in it’s sweet spot. Nice Ride! The two guys in the car looked like they were throw backs from the 70’s.
You often times come across street rods or super tricked out bikes down here. I posted a trike last year that had a V8 in it. Somewhere else odd, here oh yeah I’ve seen that one before. Not that long ago I watched a guy and his wife, had to be in their late 70 load his wheelchair into the back trunk of a 32 Ford Street Rod all tricked out with a lift.
As Cindy and I like to say “That’s Yuma For Ya”!
It is Always an Adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment