Sunday, March 28, 2021

Finally done

 It took longer than finishing a quilt would normally take for me, but I got it done. Saturday I had two sides left to do the binding when Mark said we are going to California. Drat I was hoping to finish by supper time. But it was a nice drive and it also was late when we got home. We tried to find a place to stop for supper but every place was way busier than we had anticipated. Gee imagine that not many want to cook on a Friday night. LOL We came home and had cereal for supper around 8:30 pm.

The next morning we were leaving to meet up with Barb and David for lunch in Gila Bend. But as it usually is, I was ready to go before Mark. So while I waited I finished the binding on my quilt. Woohoo, finally done and draped on our loveseat. It didn't turn out as nice as it would have had my arms and hands worked better, but suffice it to say, it's not too bad considering. It's done, I love it and it really brightens up the living room. Now if Mark will feel comfortable using it. I make the quilts for use not just to look at. πŸ‘€



We had a great visit with the best brother and sister anyone could ask for. The pizza place has the best pizza. And this time we ordered extra large so that we had some to take home. πŸ˜‹ Hopefully we will be able to meet again next year for another nice visit and more great pizza. It's an hour and a half drive so it's not a place that we frequent. That just makes it more special too.

This coming week the heat is on the rise with days up the upper 80's to mid to upper 90's. It appears that summer is making a come back. At least the nights will be cool yet. Today I hung all the laundry on the lines and there is a breeze that will dry them nicely before it gets too hot to be outside in the sun for too long. The a/c will be turned on sometime this afternoon and off just before bedtime.

Last weekend we went to the Arizona Market Place to buy a tuned wind chime. As luck would have it they had one left and half the price of last year. So we purchased it and headed home. There were not a lot of people there and not as many vendors as in the past. So we felt pretty safe, but still got what we came for and left. I call our new chimes "Big Ben". The first few days the wind so was so horribly strong that we had to bungee them to keep them quiet and so they wouldn't get damaged. The wind today is really making them "sing". So far our neighbors like the new chimes too. We were afraid they would be too loud for some folks. Maybe next year when more of the "rude" snowbirds are here it could be an issue. They can kiss my butt. hehehe


No comments:

Post a Comment