Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Bye bye Happy

 After ordering a bigger kennel for Happy, I’ve made the tough decision to take him back to the Humane Society. I just can’t do the work that two dogs require, even with Marks help. I gave it more time to work out this time but nope, I have to stay with No more dogs, like I said after we got Lola.


Our home is nothing fancy, but it’s a nice home that I take pride in and I just can’t keep up with the workload. It’s not Happy’s fault, I just getting older and I don’t have the strength like I had when I was in my 40’s.


It will be 5 days today that we have had him this time. And the bird is neglected badly, Lola is turning into a sack of potatoes and the house is a pig stye, all because I can’t keep up. We can’t go or do anything unless Happy is in the crate and that’s not fair to him. And it’s not fair to the others. It’s all just too much for this old lady to do, even with Marks help.


I feel badly for Happy, but better now than a few weeks or months down the road. I’ll call the HS today with my decision. All Mark says is that it’s my decision. But yesterday he did mention that his eyes burn when he gets too close to Happy. That tells me there is an allergy there. He doesn’t need more issues.


Amazon is good about returns so I’ll just turn around and take the kennel to UPS when it gets here. I won’t even open the box.


Not sure what I’ll do today other than clean and scrub the floors again. That’s all I do anymore. 😪

                ------------------------------------

This morning we took Happy back to the HS. It was hard but needed to be done. When I walked in, an older man asked me if Happy was going up for adoption and asked questions about Happy. He had just lost his wife and was looking to adopt a companion. When I handed Happy over to staff the man told her that he wanted to adopt Happy, NOW. hehehe Now you tell me, was that not a sign from God that I did the right thing at just the right time? I didn’t cry as hard leaving Happy this time either. It was like a weight had been lifted from my heart.


I now have ALL floors cleaned and scrubbed. They had to be scrubbed twice too yet. Happy really slobbers when he drinks and it tracks all over. And in the desert there is always dirt on the floors so it looks even worse. I’m sure Lola is happy. She jumped all over us when we got home, Alone! The house isn’t as lively without Happy, but I’m ok with quiet. Today is horribly windy or I would clean Murphy’s cage good and proper. But I think I’m suppose to leave it for another day. 


Mark wants to put up one of the blinds this afternoon. The one behind Murphy’s cage will go first. It’s the easiest one to do first to see how we can get them hung. I hope it goes up relatively easy. Not sure how my arms can deal with a struggle after all the scrubbing.



No comments:

Post a Comment