Monday, February 3, 2020

Windy

Sunday it was a bit windy but by evening the wind was wicked. The winds were at 22 mph sustained, but I'm not sure what the gusts were. All I can say is I'm glad we were not in an RV last night. Today the wind is still blowing although not quite as bad, but close.

Yesterday afternoon Mark took his motorcycle out for a ride to enjoy the nice weather. It got quite warm, 79ยบ but the breeze kept it comfortable.  The next couple days will be much cooler and windy.

I dug out a quilt top that I started some 6 years ago and never quite knew what I was going to do with it. Well I have a lot of hours in the blocks so I decided to get back to work on it. It will be a small quilt not quite big enough for any bed but I don't want the top to just lay in a tote after all the work I put into it. So I ironed everything and got to work putting on the border. My hands and arms started to hurt so I didn't get all 4 sides done. The table is too high for sewing so that aided in the discomfort. Today I plan on putting the last side of the border on. Then I will need to head out and find some fabric for the backing and the binding.  It will take me along time to do the quilting, since I can't move my arms and hands like I used to. I should add that there is a lot that I have forgotten and need to go to Google to refresh my memory on many steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment