Thursday, October 29, 2020

Cool or cold

 Tuesday morning we woke up to 52º and strong winds. It was only 61º in the house when we got up and I quickly turned on the furnace/heatpump. Murphy was a puffed up ball of feathers when I uncovered his cage and Miss Lola was shaking like a leaf. Lola had just been to the groomers the day before so she had on a whole lot less fur then needed in the cold.

The wind had left sand drifts on the porch and everything outside was covered in desert dirt. Here in the desert the sand isn't anything like the "sand" in the northern states. Here is more like powdered sugar and flies like flour in a mixer on high speed. With the winds at 30 mph and gusts at 42 mph, my mountains disappeared from sight. Needless to say we stayed indoors. 

Wednesday was a chilly start but the winds weren't as bad. So I washed clothes and hung some on the lines to dry. We went out for lunch with our Utah family but had to cut the chat short. The wind had kicked in and I had to get home to get clothes off of the lines. The clothes were so twisted that I had a heck of a time getting them untangled from the clothespins. But at least they were still on the lines and not somewhere in Mexico.  By mid afternoon the wind died down again and Mark took the leaf blower to clear the dirt off of the porch, table and chairs. What a mess.

Today, Thursday, was another visit to the cardiologist. Mark and I were hoping that he would be getting his drivers license back. Doc said, no, that most patients don't get their license back for 6 months. 😩 This is not what either of us wanted to hear. The doc set up another appointment in 6 weeks and will see how Mark is doing and go from there. We were told that the memory loss takes about 6 months or longer for it to come back, same goes for the shaking and dizziness. So in that respect I'm happy that the doctor said he can't drive yet. His thought process just isn't up to par to be behind the wheel. But the doctor did give Mark the ok to go back in the pool. Too cold for me now, but Mark is so very happy to be able to get some kind of exercise even though it will just be walking in the pool and not exerting too much effort to start with. One med has been dropped but they found fluid around the lung again so the Lasix is back up to twice a day. If that doesn't help and the fluid continues to grow, he will have to have it removed again. I wish I could get him to do better with his cheating on salt intake. To me it seems like if he doesn't get salt at the table he thinks he can have it in his snacks. 😡 If he would only measure out a serving, that would help some. No, I don't much of any muchies in the house, but what little we do have, he sneaks the whole package. Not funny when you think of the consequences. 

With Mark not being able to drive until mid December, I may have to find a ride to and from my cataract surgery. No surgery date yet, I meet with the surgeon November 11 and we will set the date then. I know I'll need a ride home but I'm hoping Aunt Bettie can drive me to and from. Oh well, not to worry about that now, we have bigger fish to fry so to speak.

Another nice day today so we are enjoying having the doors and windows open. No strong winds to contend with, just low 80's and sunshine. The weekend and next week will be much warmer so the a/c will be back on for another week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment