Thursday, May 14, 2020

A few happenings

This week has been lower in temps and actually cool enough to open up the doors and windows in the evening and through to mid afternoon. Wednesday's high was only 89º and the morning was a cool 62º. It's so nice being able to open up and let some fresh air inside. There aren't any days like this come summer.



Monday we got a new Air Fryer Oven 360. It has more capabilities and room than our previous one. With all the extra cooking we felt that this new one was a good choice. And it was half the price of what we saw it was on a tv commercial. It takes up a little more space of my already limited counter space, but I worked it out to not be a big issue. Yesterday I made blueberry muffins using the bake option and last night cornish hens using the rotisserie option. Both turned out great.  It takes less time to preheat, cook and cool down than the big oven. So to me it's a win win. I can see using this not only a lot in the hot summer months but the winter months as well.
Yesterday Mark suggested that I go ahead and find a male canary. Not sure he is ready for all the "singing". CarlAnn may think she is singing but she can't carry a tune in a bucket. More squawking than anything else. But she has a cute personality. I am trying to sell her because we don't want to breed and raise canaries and no room for a second cage. Although it's looking like I had better figure out where to put a second cage by the end of July. Once the new bird is here, he will have to be in quarantine for 14 days to prevent any possible illness to CarlAnn and her to him. I do have a little cage that can be used for that. It too will have to sanitized before the new bird can use that cage. I'm super excited and nervous at the same time. Nervous because I don't know how Mark will take to the "singing".  Which could last longer than what it is the CarlAnn does. 😃

Later in the day the office called to tell us that they have opened the pool. Of course it's cooler now.  Mark is anxious to get in there but I'm waiting until it gets warmer again. We both like to go when no one else is in the pool and with the COVID still active and none of the other residents here practise social distancing, we will stay away from them in the pool too. We use the pool more for exercise whereas the others use it as a social time. So it's nice when we are alone.

This morning is nice and comfortable so I opened up the doors and windows again today. I also have plans to make a cake before the temps goes up too far. Right now it's 72º at 8:30 and not much of a breeze. We are really enjoying the weather this week. 😎

No comments:

Post a Comment