Sunday, January 2, 2022

More to be done

 Woohoo, thanks to my tech savvy husband we have internet. It’s not the fastest but in Yuma it never is fast.  Today he is going to the cabin and take the internet antenna off. The one here is old technology so that may be why the internet is even slower. We can borrow a ladder from Leroy to do that. The antenna is on the side of the roof, not on top, or I would not allow Mark to retrieve the antenna. Our internet provider will come in 3 to 4 weeks and put it up here and adjust it for signal. Mark no longer has the equipment to do that.


About a month or so before the fire my heart was not working right. I was concerned and planned on seeing the doctor. After our move here I purchased some pomegranate juice and started drinking 2 ounces each day. No more heart palpitations or hard pounding going through my chest. That juice is to help clear arteries and work with the heart for good function. I did not expect it to work that quickly, but am thrilled. 

Last night Mark found a toilet that will fit in the tiny spot in our bathroom. He found it at, of all places, Amazon!!! It won’t be here for a couple weeks, but at least he found one. And he looked at the exhaust fan in the bathroom that doesn’t exhaust. It may need to be replaced. It circulates the air NOT exhaust. When we took our showers the other night, the humidity in the house was awful. So Mark will have to see about that too. Always something when ya move.

 I’m pleased at how the angel area are turned out. It still makes me sad that I lost so many. The ones that made it through the fire are all the ones that Mark gave me just to give to me. And my two beloved eagles survived too.

I have so little kitchen work space that I bought two big cutting boards for over the sink when I’m cooking. We also ordered a kitchen Island to help. The kitchen is hardly a kitchen but I have to make it work. The range is small, not the normal size, but my cookie sheets do fit in the oven. The stove top only has one large burner with three small ones. And not much room for more than two pans on the stove at a time. It will be tricky, but at least I have a range. The fridge is only two year old and bigger than the one we had. We will still need to get a free standing freezer. There is not enough room for much food in a fridge freezer. We will look for a used one this time. We don't need one that will last 20 years, we won't last that long either. LOL

Mark is enjoying having a shed again, even if it is small. He now has a place to himself and to putz around. We both have room to move and get away from one another for a bit. Now it actually takes more than three steps to get to any one place in the house. 😆

Today I need to take down the curtains we just hung yesterday, and iron them. Or maybe I’ll wait and see if the creases from shipping just fall out. The Christmas tree on the porch needs to come down and put away. But it needs to warm up before I tackle that job. This Yuman doesn't like this cold weather. It was 40º when we got up this morning. I'm not doing anything outside in that temp. Ok, so call me a Yuma wuss, I don't mind. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment