Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Pug foster parents

 March 6, 2006 my Pug, Pepsi crossed Rainbow Bridge. It was one of the saddest days for me. I really loved the little girl. Now almost 15 years later we are fostering a 4 year old male Pug, Happy. We found him at the Humane Society of Yuma. 

Yesterday we did a meet and greet with Happy and Lola and found no aggressive issues. So they let us take Happy home as foster care. Thursday we will need to make our final decision of to adopt or not to adopt. Tough one to make.

Last night was a real trial for pool Lola. She is used to being the head of the house and now some frisky dog has entered her territory. But with a little guidance things went well. Or I should say Happy learned who was boss. The HSY let us borrow a portable kennel for a few days, to acclimate Happy to our home and to help us and him with the male dog leg lifting issue. He learned what a strong NO means rather quickly.  But he still needs to be watched. Lola isn't very happy with the living arrangements but if she needs to, she will adjust. 

This morning all of us got up early and after some coffee we headed out for the morning potty ritual. Happy had some coughing problems that caused a messy outcome. Lots of paper towel was used. At first I thought it was Kennel cough and called the HSY they said to come in to the clinic tomorrow at 3 if it isn't getting better. The visit is of no cost to us since he is still in foster care. This afternoon the cough sounds like congestion or a lung issue. So I have a strong feeling Happy will be seeing the vet tomorrow.

Thursday morning really bright and early Happy goes in to be neutered (Not our expense). We have until after surgery to decide if we will adopt him or not. After 15 years of not having a dog that sheds, it will be a huge adjustment to me. I'm not so sure I want that again. I've gotten to be a bigger neat freak. And my arm issues have not yet been resolved. So I will need more help from Mark with cleaning. And I do know that Mark has no problem with helping me. I have a problem asking for help.

Tonight I'll be praying for help to make the right decision for Happy, Lola, and us.



No comments:

Post a Comment