Tuesday, February 2, 2021

February 2, 2021

 Oh dear here it is February and I've not added anything here for some time now. Well in the age of the pandemic nothing much to share.......

Lets see, Saturday we got the trump virus vaccine, and in 28 days we will get the second one. Still mask up even with the shot. In fact it's now been said to wear a mask of more than three layers, or better yet two masks, due to the variant virus. So now I'll wear a three layer paper one under my 3 layer cloth masks. Yes, I can still breath but the intake is more filtered.

We bit the bullet on Saturday and decided to get a larger freezer. The chest freezers are a pain in the butt. Every time I need something it has gotten shoved towards the bottom and I have to almost empty the whole freezer to find what I want. So this time we doubled the size and are getting an upright freezer. The poor fridge freezer is stuffed so full that it can't be running efficiently.  The freezer will be delivered on Thursday. I have the chest freezer for sale on the yuma market place. 

Little by little I'm selling the things that I no longer need. My love for kitchen "toys" makes selling very hard for me to do. I always figure, "some day". But at my age, that day will no longer come. We have duplicate of some items too that should have gone a while ago. Like I said, so hard for me to do.

The February weather is looking to be in the 70's now. Winter is on the way out and shortly the snowbirds will be too. It was nice this year not having all the neighbors here due to the trump virus pandemic. Sad about the reason but not heartbroken with the lower visitor count. Not many people are either.

We still order our grocery and other needed items on line. From time to time we will go into a store that isn't busy, just to do something different. We found a couple small grocery stores that are rarely busy that are fun to go through and they even carry some brands that I can not find anywhere else. A big Win!

Four loaves of banana bread are cooling on the counter. Then three will do into the freezer for summer enjoyment. Not much baking gets done in the summer. The new freezer will be mighty full of baked goods by summer, I hope. My intentions are good, but my ambition has often left the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment