Thursday, February 25, 2021

Poor Happy

 Yesterday we took Happy back to the Humane Society. He was sick and needed to be seen by their vet. Poor little guy coughed so hard so often and the spewed flem. But the little sweetie was still happy go lucky just not as active as the day before.

We had quite a bunch of laundry today. All but my slacks and tops went into the dryers because of the horrendous wind. After we got done with the mountain of folding Mark wanted to take me for lunch. We went to this Asian buffet that is never very busy and they do a wonderful job of keeping everyone safe. 


On the way home from lunch we stopped at the kennel to check on Happy. I was so worried about him. Since it was lunch time we had quite a wait. But I learned that he saw a vet, is on meds and was still getting sick. They just started him on a chewable pill. We were still written down as his foster parents with the option to adopt, so we got all the information. Mark said when Happy gets well he would like for us to still adopt him if I still want Happy. Yes I do still want Happy. We need to be assured that his sudden illness is not some underlying health issue. It all depends on what is causing the illness too. He ate nothing here so it’s nothing he got into while in our care. And Lola is well.  They thanked me for bringing Happy in right away and said they will call with any updates. Right now he’s not adoptable, so we have some time to make sure of our decision; after the vet gives the okay. I miss his love more than I thought I would. Oh once he is well and stronger, then they will do the neutering. I’m praying for the right thing to do. At least I do know that the Humane Society of Yuma is a no kill, and they do a wonderful job of caring for all the animals in their care. He will be so much easier to care for once he is well. We have a Roomba to help with the hair too. I love that handy gadget. Great investment to help me this last year. I just need to take advantage of it more often.


After our visit at the kennel, we stopped at the WM here in the foothills for some new rugs. Not because Happy ruined them, which he did not, but because in this dry air the rubber backing dries out terribly fast. I don’t like rugs because it’s so hard for me to shake out the dirt. So Mark got me a rubber mat for by the sink to keep me comfortable, he said. And a new little rug for by the patio door and by Lola’s dish. She  is as messy  as Happy with eating. In fact she is worse, she will not pick up anything that falls out of her bowl, the little Diva. Happy really didn’t eat just picked at Lola’s crumbs once.


Mark kept me busy all day so no cookies got baked again. He laughingly told me that. He said all the laundry was enough. But soon I’ll get to the ironing. Wow a new iron, the job should go quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment