Sunday, November 29, 2020

Good food and lots of dishes!

 As with any big meal there is always a mountain of dishes left behind. Mark said that next year we need to use tableware and pots and pans that can be thrown away. Washing, drying and putting away took a very long time. But the meal turned out good so the work was worth the smile on Mark's face when his stomach was full. We have enough leftovers for a nice Sunday meal and for two more meals that will go in the freezer for another time. I sure hope that I can make room in our little freezer for all the leftovers. A twenty two pound turkey for two people makes for many more meals than just one, even for us. 😄

After all the work of cooking and clean up, I had very little energy left to do Christmas decorating. The tradition of putting the Christmas tree up and putting out some Christmas decorations on Thanksgiving eve, just wasn't in the cards this year. Age and energy won out or should I say old age and lack of energy won out. How did I get so old so fast? Where did the time go?

This year I'm thinking that it will take quite a bit longer to get the cookie and candy making done too. We do love cookies, so the amount of cookies I make hasn't changed much over the years, except maybe grow! The cookies I make are not made any other time of year, they are special holiday cookies, not your everyday chocolate chip or peanut butter cookie, I make roll out cookies that get decorated with frosting and or sprinkles, spritz cookies, Christmas tea cakes, thumb print, and pecan roll ups to name a few. Yes, we love our cookies!!!! As I make each kind they need to be hidden or they will never make it to the week before Christmas, when I put them all out on a pretty plate for display and enjoyment. That's when all the fruits of my labor disappear in no time at all. LOL We aren't big on come of the candies like fudge but peanut brittle is a big must have for Mark. This year I finally found raw coconut so I can make my favorite Christmas candy too. Thank you Amazon!!! It's been years!!!!



 All that being said, I still have more common chores to attend to as we prepare for the celebration of the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment