Monday, November 16, 2020

Good and not so good, but always blessed

 Last week my friend Bettie took me to the eye institute for my consultation with the eye doctor/surgeon. As was told to me they had to dilate my eyes again which is why I needed a ride. After the examination I was told that I did not need the cataract surgery at this time. They are there but very small. However he did find that I have the very early stages of macular degeneration. He gave me a name of special vitamins for eyes that I need to take. I was told never to go without sunglasses as that is very bad for the disease. And because I was not very good at wearing sunglasses for a long time prior to moving to AZ, was a bad thing. My sister insisted that in AZ I needed to wear sunglasses all the time and I did as she suggested, for the most part. Now I don't leave the house without my mask or sunglasses. I look like I am going to rob a bank. hehehe So anyway, That is the story of my eyes. The doctor is seeing me again this week to give me a prescription for new glasses. We will then go elsewhere to get the script filled. Where I went was an eye institute not anything like Midwest vision or the like. Good news and not so great news, but am blessed none the less.

After several days of hard work the canvas shed is down. Today Mark got all the spikes pulled out of the ground too. As with any job Mark does now, he pays for it dearly later. He tends to forget that he just had major heart surgery and it wasn't one that any person can just jump back into what they used to do. But I think most men are like that. They need constant reminders and then get upset when reminded. I think the follow up pain should be reminder enough, but how soon they forget. 😟

The new shed won't be a shed per say. But a carport. Gradually sides will be put on it and all the stuff that was in the old canvas shed will go there and off of our front porch. Security camera's are sure nice to have. And we are happy that we have many throughout our home inside and out. There will still be room in front of the "shed/carport" for our little car to park.  We will never be able to own a larger car though. But I am so happy with our little SmartCar, that I can't imagine anything else. It will be nice to have the new carport up and our porch back to being a porch. Winter is here and the weather is too nice to be inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment