Wednesday, September 22, 2021

We did it again

 Well we did it again. After lunch and mid afternoon we went to WM to get some furnace filters at WM. The one I like to use are not on line, well I found out they aren’t in the store anymore either. So I had to buy ones that are a bit more money. That got us in the pet area, so I got Lola some different dog food that I will mix with the stuff she has now. See if that is easier for her and less messy too. She is a pig when she eats. Ok, Mark, and I too, love our fish. We found a stand at a great price for the 10 gallon that we have. Where our small tank is it’s not a good place to get at to clean. We get the stand up and found that it really didn’t work for our smaller tank. Mark mentioned getting a 20 gallon. He said it was because he knows I like bigger aquariums. hehehe So yes, we got a 20 gallon. I used money I was saving to buy a puppy. But last month we both agreed NO more dogs and even when Lola passes, NO more dogs. At our age, nope too much work.


Ok back to the aquarium. We go the new 20 gallon one  set up on the stand and it fit perfectly. So we started washing the new gravel and Mark ran back and forth filling our water jugs with good drinking water. We can’t use Yuma water, too salty. The power filter is so powerful that the noise of splashing water drove me nuts. I like quiet. So this morning I worked on a baffle, so far it’s working but I need a way to make it more permanent.  I tested the water and all levels are safe for the fish to be transferred into the new tank from the little one. That will take some work so Mark will have to help me. Like I said, where the smaller one is is so difficult to work with. I’m not sure it will get done today or tomorrow. My arms can only do so much and I have changed sheets as well today. That is hard work for my stupid arms.


Lola’s bed has been washed, finally, and in the dryer. We got her a new bed yesterday and within an hour she had the cover partly shredded. She likes to “fluff” up her bed and the cover was not made for that. So back the new one goes and we will just keep the old one and add more stuffing, if I can get it inside. She will be happy to have a clean bed. Who doesn’t like a nice clean bed??


 Oh we decided to keep the 10 gallon aquarium up too. The decorations will be smaller so I can remove them to clean. And we are going to use it for guppies or small fish. Letting a tank sit empty will just turn it into landfill and in the dry hot heat of Yuma, it wouldn't take long.  It's an investment so why throw it away? We love fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment