Sunday, September 5, 2021

Still kicking.

 Oh my goodness, it's been awhile since I last wrote anything here. The aquarium is doing better than it was in the beginning. In Yuma there is NO way to get the PH and nitrate levels in the water low enough for some tropical fish. We or I should say I lost most of the fish I purchased due to unsafe levels. So after talking to someone that knows and doing a bit more reading, I have found a way to make the water safer for my fish. I had to purchase bottled drinking water. Initially I got the water from the store so I had the water jugs I needed. Then I can fill them here in the park for only  25¢ a gallon, versus $1 a gallon. So once a week I exchange two gallons of water. The aquarium is only a 10 gallon so the water exchange needs to be done at least once a week to keep the water safe from high PH and nitrate levels. It's not hard work just tedious. But I'm retired so what else have I got to do. That is besides, laundry, cooking, cleaning, tending the needs of the others that live here. hehehe And of course the daily routine of going to the pool.

Yes, we still go to the pool as often as we can. Some days mornings get a bit too hectic, what with the grocery order pick up and laundry getting in the way. And we still wash off all of our groceries once we get them home. We have been having fun with a couple ladies that go to the pool at the same time as we do. In fact Mary and I create quite a tsunami in the pool with our pool noodles and float. Our goal is to see how far we can get the waves to splash onto the deck. One day Phyllis  got a sore butt bouncing on the steps from the waves. That was quite a laugh for all of us including her. We still manage to get some of our exercising done too. Sadly the pool days will be coming to an end as the hot summer days dwindle and the snowbirds flock in the area. So we will make as much out of our pool time as we can before then.

Last week I was visiting a neighbor and noticed how comfortable it was in their home. They only have there thermostat set at 82º too yet. They have a fan in their living room that does an amazing job of making it seem cooler. So I ordered one for our AZ room. Wow, what a difference that has made in there. We can turn up the stat in there and still be very comfortable. Even in Marks little office it's more comfortable. So we ordered one for the living room too. It should help in the fall when we just can't get any air in the bedroom at night, even with the ceiling fan on. The park models were not built to be year round homes. So you have to use your imagination to make things work the way you want.

It seems that every time I turn around Mark is making some new modification to the golf cart. His latest find was new tires and cool chrome rims for the golf cart. Wow does it ever look sharp. They are used and he got them for a really really good price. A while back we lost a hubcap on the SmartCar and had to get new ones. They were purchased at WM and really dolled up the car. So, one thing lead to another. Shelby (Smartcar) just couldn't outshine Arnold (golf cart). 😆 Heaven forbid. I don't even want to think of what new project Mark will come up with next. Although I do know  there is some wiring issues on the GC that need to be addressed. But that has to be done on a cooler day. We are still in for some pretty warm/hot days.

Remember that during daylight savings time our time is two hours behind yours and after we are one hour behind!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment