Sunday, July 25, 2021

Sold, and humidity discomfort

 This past week Mark and I sold some of our unused items. Mark sold his boat one day and a boat motor the next. I sold a food processor and some craft items that have not been used in a very long time. There is still more that needs to be sold, but I'm working on it.

Since we have lived here we have not experienced the humidity that we have had this month. We are from MN so seeing dew points in the 80's and 90 is nothing new. But living in Yuma the dew points are not that high, more like in the 20's and 30s. But lately they have been in the mid 60's to mid 70's. Not being used to that kind of weather is making the days miserable. Today we got some much needed rain and it sent the dew point to 72%. It feels like walking into peanut butter when going outside. I'd rather have peanut butter on my toast than on my skin.

Mark went to the pool to try and cool off after doing some wiring work on the golf cart. He will be as wet going into the pool as coming out. I hope it cools him off. Me? Nope not stepping out the door again today. I went to the porch to get a crock pot and that is the last step into the great outdoors I'll make today. I've even turned the a/c down to keep some of the humidity out of the house.  Thank God the a/c is working. MN can keep the cold and humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment