Thursday, July 1, 2021

Do you ever have one of those mornings?

 

Oh my goodness what a horrible morning I had. I got to the laundry room and I needed to put money in my laundry card to operate the machines. The unit doesn't work. So I drive down to the library in the park that has another machine but you need to use cash. Okay that took my cash and it worked. But it would not release my laundry card. I frantically looked for something to pull the card out of the machine. Finding a push pin I finally got the card out of the machine.


Oh but wait I couldn't get into the library because their combination lock wouldn't work. So I had to go to the office and have Lisa come and open the door. She even had trouble. Okay so now my laundry card has money in it and I head down to the laundry room once again. Hitting a bump the top of the golf cart breaks loose, well only on one corner. So I drive home drop off the golf cart tell Mark what happened and I get the car and drive that back down to the laundry room.

By now I am sweating bullets and madder than a wet hen. I finally transfer the clothes from the washer into the dryer except for the clothes that I hang on the line. I jump in the car head home hang up my clothes. And I stand in the kitchen deciding whether I want to get drunk or go back to bed.

Well it's too early to get drunk and I really don't like to get drunk. So I decided to cut up a watermelon. That may not have been the best idea with the luck I  had this morning. But I managed to get the watermelon cut up and into chunks without slitting my wrist or cutting off a finger. 


Tonight I'll be hitting the bottle and have a big bowl of popcorn to relax and hope tomorrow starts out much better.

1 comment: