Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Just about done.....

 Just about done...... with the New CarPort. Have the canvas sides on all but the front, most of the kick boards installed and the solar power is in and wired.

My loving Bride gave me a compressor for my birthday and I found my old hose and blow gun which happened to have the right air fitting to work with the compressor.
The bench which is made from a discarded piece of warped plywood got twisted back together with by using a steel back splash and some clamps. The legs of which came from an old table we had.
I have put 6' fence pickets run at an angle to help protect the canvas sides from things being pushed against it from the inside. And some R1 OSB laid on the ground as a floor, so things are looking ready to start moving in all the stuff that we stored on the porch while the shed was being replaced.
And before anyone gets upset about my using OSB directly on the floor, keep in mind on a normal year we only get 3.3 inches of rain. And this being far from a normal year we have not had any measurable rainfall since February.
As some may remember our last carport was all canvas and during a wind storm at a very inopportune time, the roof blew off. Thanks to Barb and David our new CarPort has a steel roof.
Hopefully I get it finished today so we can put the shelves back in and make some fine tune adjustment...... In other words I have to empty some of the junk I have been storing in it..... Or so my wife says.....😉
It's Always an Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment