Thursday, April 2, 2020

Oh dear what will we do now?

Everyone in the park was notified today that all buildings will be closed and that includes the POOL. What will we do in the summer now?? Every morning we would go to the pool for an hour and sometimes in the afternoon as well. That is pretty much all there is to do in the summer when it's hot outside. The laundry rooms will still be open so at least I won't have to cart the laundry to a "public" laundromat. That isn't something I want to have to do at all. The other buildings don't mean anything to us so it doesn't matter if they are open or not. All the closings in the park are to protect us from  COVID19. Even the way we pick up our mail and pay the rent and utilities will be done differently to keep people down to a minimum in the office area. When we went down to get the laundry off of the lines a lady was complaining about the pool being closed. I had to bite my tongue to not tell her to go home to Washington if she was that unhappy. Good thing that is all she said. I'm not very polite with my feelings about taking every precaution.

Mark was so hungry for a pizza that I am making  the crust, just waiting for the dough to rise now. Pizza totally from scratch is quite time consuming, but what else is there to do right now? hehehe I'm not happy about turning on the oven though as it is 85ยบ outside. It will take all night to cool the house down.  And I'm not too keen on turning on the a/c this early in the season. I just might have to in order to cool the house down so we can sleep tonight. But I'll do what I need to do to keep us as safe as possible. And thankfully I don't mind cooking all that much. It's the size of the  kitchen I really dislike.

The produce stand that we frequent is closed tomorrow. They will open again in May with melons and sweet corn. My ultimate favorite fruits and I do love sweet corn smothered in butter. So May is looking something to look forward to in this mess that trump made possible.

Tomorrow our sunshades will be installed. And we will stay the 6 plus feet away from the installer. As I'm sure he will be doing the same.  It is an outside job so we won't have to worry about direct contact. We can hardly wait for the shades to be installed it will really cut down on the heat of the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment