Thursday, May 12, 2022

Just another day in May.

 We have had three of the most beautiful days, weather wise. The mornings have been nice and cool, to us it has been quite chilly. The afternoons in the mid and low 80's. Doors and windows have been wide open so we could air out the place before the heat returns and the a/c once again goes on and on.

With the cooler weather I was and still am, in a baking frenzy. Each morning for the last three days I've baked cookies and desserts to get us through at least a few weeks of not having to purchase and eat store bought cookies. We both enjoy cookies with our morning coffee so they don't last long around here. This morning will be the last baking day for quite some time. 

So far my arms have tolerated the baking and extra movements. The injections really didn't help like we were hoping and I can not sleep the way I should be either. So my right arm is still the worst of the two, but at least it is a smidge better. I will be going back to Dr Clark if I feel there is anymore he can do. As of right now, there isn't much. It's just something I'll have to live with until surgery deems necessary.  So I'll just keep my chin up and thank God that it's not worse.

I'm gradually learning how to use my embroidery machine again. The auto threaded just will not work and I've watched every video and read everything I can find. As far as it looks, I'm doing it correctly, so I'll be calling the 800 number next. With the constant changing of thread the threader is a must have. And with bifocals it really is a must!!!!!!

Again today the wind is keeping most people inside. Even on a nice day it's not fun eating dirt! The porch is becoming a sandbox and cleaning it off is futile. Even Mandy is a walking sandbox. She will need a bath shortly. It's still two weeks out for her groomer appointment. When I'm done with the cookies and dishes, I'll put her in the sink and give her a much needed bath. For the last week or longer, Mark has been saying he will do it. LOL

This weekend the temps will be in the low 100's so it will finally be warm enough for me to give the pool another try. Not much I can do without making my arms worse so i'll have to find other methods of getting some exercise and a tan. 😎

Since finding out that our previous church in MN has on line Sunday services, we have been back to enjoying church again. A dear friend got me lined up with the bible study too. Sadly the study is done for the summer now, but I did enjoy it for a couple weeks. But I do have some bible study books so I can continue on my own. Which is nice but nearly as much fun or much help with understanding. It's always nice hearing another person perspective on a topic.

Morning is slipping by quickly so I'll end this entry and get to my baking. Today I'm making Mark's favorite cookies; Million Dollar cookies. The recipe can be found on my recipe blog...... http://mammascookin.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment