Friday, January 1, 2021

New Year same routine

 Good morning from the laundry room on this chilly New Year's Day. Yep it's laundry day again and later on today I will be making my grandmother's molasses cookie recipe. We are totally out of cookies and in our house that is as bad as being out of milk.

New Year's Eve came and went just like any other day of the week we were both in bed way before midnight and sound asleep by then as well. No special foods on New Year's Day here just another day of the week. I'm not real sure what supper will be but since it's a chilly day it could very well be soup. Thankfully I usually have some kind of soup in the freezer for quick meals on days that my arms get a work out.

With more snowbirds here now so I'm surprised I got both front load washers and I was the only one in the laundry room this morning. There were plenty of clothes lines for me to use too. A win-win for me this morning. Not so much of a win win for Mark this morning. He had a sneezing frenzy that took its toll on his chest, so now he is hurting. He will spend the rest of the day laying low. Which, since the trump virus, we are getting quite good at doing.

It was a chilly 42º this morning and only getting to 64º today, if we are lucky. The tonight it is to dip down to 38º. The heat pumps are not made to work that hard so I'll get the house really toasty with the propane heater tonight before bed. That should help keep the heat pump from having to work too hard for so long. Then I will start up the propane heater as soon as I get up in the morning. Which is what I do most winter mornings. We also have a little electric fireplace in the AZ room that has worked great for taking the chill out of that room.

Mark refills the little green canisters from our large tanks. It takes a special valve to do this. So that saves quite a bit of money too. He uses a kitchen scale to weigh each little canister to one pound. We have 8 canisters that Mark fills as we need them. Years back we didn't realize that it could get so cold in the desert. But it's still way warmer than the winters where we lived most of our lives. Making our Mr. Heater Big Buddy a great heat source and money saver. It was a last minute purchase when we left Minnesota and a good one at that.


No comments:

Post a Comment